The Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador is on the east coast. In fact, it is the most eastern part of North America.
Newfoundland and Labrador is divided into five regions, the Labrador region is part of the mainland and is not shown in the image above. The capital of Newfoundland, St. John's, and Rosedale Manor are both located within the Avalon Region on the eastern shore of Newfoundland.
Travel by Ferry
We are just a 10 minute drive from the Argentia Ferry Terminal.
Travel by Airplane
We are a 1.5 hour drive from St. John's Airport.
Travel from St. John's
We are a 1.5 hour drive from St. John's Newfoundland.
While staying at Rosedale Manor B&B, there are many outdoor activities to enjoy and help keep you fit.
- Sea and Rock Adventure offers great rates on kayaking tours
- The Q Driving Range is only 5 minutes drive from Rosedale Manor, and open daily from 9-8pm
- A 1 hour drive will take you to The Wilds at Solmonier Golf Course (18 hole), or The Willows Golf Course (9 hole).
- Hiking trails are only minutes away offering mountain top views of the coastline
- Jogging trails are available outside the door - traveling along the beaches and hillsides
- There are many local ponds (lakes) that offer good trout fishing in season (May to end of October). Rosedale Manor has fishing rods available for use.
- Rosedale Manor has 2 mountain bikes available for biking the local trails
- Rosedale is currently working with local boat owners to provide day trips out to some of the older outports.
If you are interested in taking in some local performances, see our live theater and performances page.
We are close to many popular attractions within this area. These include:
- Cape Saint Mary's Bird Sanctuary
- Castle Hill Historic Site
- Placentia Bay Lookout on the Backland Trails
- O'Reilly House Museum
- Argentia - this small town was leveled to become the site of a U.S. naval base during World War II - now only hidden barracks, and runways remain - travel back in time amongst the ruins
- Ship Harbour - location of the signing of the Atlantic Charter
- Rodrigues Winery offering tours daily
Founded in 1993 as Markland Cottage Winery, Rodrigues Winery is Newfoundland’s first winery and has continued to grow in both capacity and in the variety of wines produced from wild berries and pesticide-free fruit to become Canada’s largest exclusively fruit winery. All wines are Kosher and sulphite-free.
Weather in Placentia
It's a common misconception that Newfoundland is cold, icy and always covered in snow. It is really not as cold as you think! We enjoy many warm and sunny days here and can have warmer weather than western Canada at times. Check out the latest weather conditions here in Placentia by going to the Weather Network's website. This site not only offers current weather conditions it also offers historical temperatures as well.
Current weather conditions in Placentia, Newfoundland: